The Senior Software Developer role is primarily responsible for the development and deployment of software solutions. The role will focus on development of Web API and some UI features, production support and continual improvement, as well as being a key contributor to application design and the contribution of innovative insights and ideas.
The Senior Software Developer will be an independent contributor that is part of the development team on Agile projects, but is also able to act as a facilitator to near shore contractors and employees.
The position will also assist the software development team with following and taking full advantage of continuous integration processes, test automation, and the latest frameworks and tools within the Microsoft stack.
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements:
- 7 years’ developing applications using the .NET framework.
- Knowledge of TFS especially Build Manager, Release Manager and Continuous Integration.
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API Consumption, Dot Net Core, Angular.
- Experience with security scanning software, and the remediation of identified issues.
- Knowledgeable in UI frameworks, Bower, and NPM package usage.
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory including integration with ORMs such as Entity Framework.
- Strong Visual Studio 2013-2017 skills.
- Comfort working in an Agile, team driven environment, experience in Scrum a plus.
- Firm understanding of the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, coding, and testing of business applications systems using Agile development methodologies.
- Strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing system(s) supported.
- Support other developers through problem solving by identifying as well as evolving standards, best practices and reusable solutions.
- Proficiency with one or more technology environments, with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Participate in technical design, contributing insights and ideas.
- Successfully troubleshoot most applications problems independently, determining the root cause and fixing the problem.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, identify key milestones, and raise critical project issues such as resource needs and contingencies.