Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Abilities
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a production system or network administrator
· Solid understanding of multiple OS environments (Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server)
· Ability to build and maintain process automation scripts for administering multiple systems
· Hands on production experience with the following technologies: Chef, Hadoop, MySQL, Postgres, Elastic Search, VMware vSphere, Juniper, HP ISS, HP 3Par, F5 LTM, Nagios, Cacti
· Experience using SolarWinds or similar monitoring tools and alerts
· ServiceNow experience a plus
· AWS DevOps experience desirable
· Has strong written and verbal communication. Has the ability to write documentation and convey complex ideas in a way that the intended audience can understand.
· Has the ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to root cause and potential contributing components to reach a determination on cause factors. Once determined, suggest, communicate, and implemented a resolution or mitigation to prevent repetitive failures.